Are you one of the many thousands of homeowners that is locked in to their current mortgage lender?
Maybe you have a mortgage deal with a very low rate that is no longer available if you obtain a remortgage? Is your age or poor credit history a problem to banks or building societies? Or perhaps your existing mortgage lender is closed to new lending? Whatever the reason, contact Imagine today for guaranteed impartial advice regarding fast online secured loans for homeowners.
Why choose Imagine Loans® for a Secured Homeowner Loan?
At Imagine Loans® , we have 30 years experience in helping homeowners like you to turn their dreams into reality. And because we have low operating costs, we can provide the cheapest online loan deals with lower interest rates than larger companies we compete with, even if you have a bad credit rating. Our lower running costs mean cheaper monthly loan repayments for you.
YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON A MORTGAGE OR ANY OTHER DEBT SECURED ON IT.
We are proud of our reputation in financial services – 100%* of our customers would recommend us to their friends, family and work colleagues. This is because we know a thing or two about arranging fast secured loans, even if you have a bad credit history. We also know what our customers want – the cheapest loans available according to their circumstances, fantastic service and no nasty surprises in the future.
We have a huge range of personal loan products available that can allow you to borrow on terms that suit you, including interest only loans, capital repayment loans and fixed rate loans, with terms between 3 and 25 years.
The advantages of a secured loan
- You get longer to pay it back. Unlike an unsecured loan, secured loans can be taken over terms of up to 30 years, making the repayments more affordable.
- Monthly repayments are often lower. Interest rates are usually lower compared to a unsecured loan and the repayment periods can be longer.
- Not as risky for the lender. Because security is provided, lenders view a secured loan as less risk than an unsecured loan.
- Speed. A secured loan is usually much quicker to obtain than a remortgage.
- You can borrow larger amounts. With unsecured loans the maximum is often £25,000, whereas secured loans are available up to £2.5 million.
- Greater flexibility. Loans are available to borrowers with less than perfect credit records, so previous problems will often not count against you.
- Your existing mortgage remains unaffected. If you have a very competitive interest rate on your current mortgage, an interest only mortgage, a high early repayment charge or a mortgage term you wish to keep, a secured loan is a separate account to your existing mortgage.
- Maintain your good credit rating. If you wish to consolidate existing debt into one lower monthly repayment, by making your outgoings more affordable you can better manage any unexpected expenditure in the future.
- Easier for the self employed. Personal loans can often be difficult to obtain for the self employed.
- No up front fees. Lenders and brokers are not allowed by law to charge up front fees, so all costs involved in processing the loan such a a property valuation, mortgage reference and legal searches are paid by the broker, not you.
- No early settlement penalties. If you are looking to take a loan over a long term to make it more affordable but intend to repay it early by remortgaging or selling your home, the maximum settlement penalty than can be charged is one month's interest deferred for 28 days. Some of our second charge lenders do not charge any penalty whatsoever.
The disadvantages of a secured loan
- Risky for you. A secured loan works like your first mortgage, in that the loan is secured on your home. If you fail to keep up with the repayments the lender could apply to a court to repossess your property just like your existing mortgage lender.
- Longer time to get your money. A secured loan often takes longer to arrange than an unsecured loan.
- Completion fees. A secured loan will usually have lender fees and broker completion fees added to the amount borrowed.
- Interest paid. Borrowing over a longer term could ultimately mean you pay more interest.
- Not recommended for smaller loans. If you wish to borrow a small amount of money you are better off applying for an unsecured loan, unless your credit history dictates otherwise.
- Not always best advice if your credit rating is poor. In certain circumstances you may be better off contact a free debt advice organisation such as StepChange or Citizens Advice. Avoid debt management companies that charge you a monthly fee.
* from all respondents to our customer feedback surveys in 2015.
Representative 6.9% APRC VariableThis means at least 51% of our customers are given this rate or lower. Rates from 4.4% APRC Variable. We also have Secured Loan plans with rates up to 34.9% APRC Variable allowing us to help customers even with the most severe credit problems. A broker fee of up to 7% may be charged, up to a maximum fee of £2,975. On loan applications we receive a commission fee from the lender on completion and we estimate this will be 2% of the loan advanced. This is separate from our broker fee and is an additional fee we receive. We recommend all customers obtain independent legal advice before signing any documentation. We are a broker, not a lender. Loans are secured on your homeIf you are thinking of consolidating existing borrowing you should be aware that if you are extending the term of the debt you may be increasing the total amount you repay. For help, go to www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk
THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE SECURING OTHER DEBTS AGAINST YOUR HOME. YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON A MORTGAGE OR ANY OTHER DEBT SECURED ON IT.
We recommend all customers receive Independent Legal Advice before signing any documents.
Telephone calls are recorded for training and compliance purposes. Imagine Loans® is a trading style of Think Loans Limited, Company Registration Number 5271214 in England. Registered office 119 The Hub, 300 Kensal Road, London W10 5BE. Imagine Loans and The Imagine Loans logo are registered trademarks. Think Loans Limited is an appointed representative of Specialist Financial Services Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Specialist Financial Services Limited is entered on the Financial Services Register (www.fca.org.uk/register) under reference 676853. Imagine Loans, Audley House, Northbridge Road, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 1EH.
Think Loans Limited © 2016